About First Presbyterian Church of Manteno
The First Presbyterian Church of Manteno was founded on April 20, 1853. The original 36’ x 50’ church building was erected in 1859 at its present location of 64 S. Walnut Manteno, IL. In 1914 the prominent and well-known “Good Shepherd Window” was added as well as electricity. The building has undergone many additions and renovations over the past hundred plus years.
The most recent renovations in 2014 included enlarging Stocksdale Fellowship Hall, upgrading the kitchen, the addition of Sunday School rooms and handicapped accessible restrooms.
We are a congregation of believers who love God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We are committed to serving Him and His people. We are led by the Holy Spirit and follow the teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Living Right & Loving Life
The group called Living Right & Loving Life focuses on activities for the Baby-Boomer age group, such as the Yoga nights on Tuesdays. The group is being co-sponsered by Penny Bessman and Carol Snyder.
Check out the calender for events hosted by the group!
Bettering the Body
In light of Living Right & Loving Life's new workout nights, a group called Bettering the Body was formed. This workout group is open to everyone, however, will be more fast paced than Living Right & Loving Life Yoga Night. This group is sponsored by Pastor Chrystal Abbott.
Check out the calender for events!